“I’m having a thought here, Barbossa”
HA. Definitely a line from one of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies that my sister and I quote all the time. But essentially…I’m having a thought. Or ten.
Trying to brainstorm what I might be able to do with my life and I’m thinking that if I write it out physically (or digitally) that it might help me decide some things.
So let’s begin.
1. What am I naturally good at already?
- Planning / organizing
- Writing (kind of)
- Giving advice
- Connecting with others
- Being lazy. HA!
2. What would I like to be good at?
- Inspiring other women
- Speaking Italian + French
- Eating healthy
3. What do I do that brings me energy and fulfillment?
- Watching incredible films / acting
- Prayer / spending time with God
- Planning / organizing
- Teaching / helping / inspiring others
- Mastering a new skill
- Spending time with my family and friends
- Completing something
- Chai or Pumpkin Spice Lattes
- Christmas (no really)
4. What would I do every day if I knew I wouldn’t be paid?
- Sleep in a bit, make coffee, do some Bible study
- Spend time with my family, friends, boyfriend
- Watch new films
- Go to the beach
- Scroll through Pinterest
- Learn new skills / hobbies
- Give advice to my friends
- Plan / organize
- Learn about psychology
- Create (calligraphy, sing, draw, craft)
Okay so looking back over these questions it seems that…
- I had a lot of the same answers for what I’m good at + brings me joy, and what I would do every day without being paid.
- Solely from looking at these answers, I should aim for something that involves my faith, planning / organization, reading / writing, film, teaching / connecting with others.
- My values seem to be my spirituality, my family, serving / helping / inspiring others, connection / relationships, and chai lattes.
- Maybe I should create a job that encompasses all of these things??
POSSIBLE NEW JOB IDEAS:
- Director / Filmmaker
- Elementary school teacher
- Counselor / Therapist / Psychologist
- Event planner
- Life coach
- Youth leader at church
- Something to do with reading books…
- Actress (we already tried that K)
- A film director that blogs about books and God
- A life coach that nannies and plans for the family
- An event planner blogger that reads about psychology
- Pfft, I’m over this now
Round 1 goes to you, Universe.
I will try again tomorrow.